I hope your new year has been AMAZING so far. I’ve been neglecting to post any new recipes but with the new year has came new inspiration and I am excited to share with you all my most FAVOURITE kale salad recipe. I kid you not, I eat this salad basically everyday. And not to brag… but everyone who has tried it, loves it as well! Using a delicious maple-balsamic dressing, this salad is a delight to your tastebuds- it is a treat even for the kale-haters of the world!
This salad is…
Perfect balance of sweet, salty, crunch and chewy
Quick and simple
and ABSOLUTELY delicious!
So here you have it… the BEST-EVER Kale Salad!!!
the BEST EVER Kale Salad
time: 10 minutes ~ difficulty: easy ~ serves: 1 for a meal, 2 for a side
- 3 Cups of Chopped Kale (massaged first with 1 tbsp olive oil)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 2/3 cup diced cucumbers
- 1-2 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds (or sub sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 cup raisins (or dried cranberries)
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp low sodium GF soy sauce (if using soy sauce with normal sodium content, reduce to 1tsp or it may be too salty)
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup (depending on sweet preference)
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard (optional, but recommended)
- Finely chop the kale, then proceed to massage it for 1-2 minutes with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Whisk together the following dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the massaged kale and mix together thoroughly.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss together.