Hey Friends! Remember me?
So I may have been MIA for a little while, and no promises that I am going to keep this up…but I had enough inspiration today to make up this post- so at least I’m getting somewhere, right?
As a student, hard worker, or any generally busy person, there is not always time to make up extravagant fancy breakfasts. Yes, I would love to eat pancakes, tofu scramble and tempeh bacon each and everyday, but that just isn’t possible, and probably not the healthiest either. That being said, I would like to share with you my GO-TO PB&J Smoothie! I have been making this smoothie for years and it NEVER GETS OLD. It is quick, easy, and super healthy with a little bit of everything to keep you energized all day long. We’ve got protein, healthy fats, greens and fibre, so there really isn’t much more you could ask for! And if you are feeling a little extra fancy, pour that baby into a bowl and top it with your most favourite toppings and VOILA! You’ve got yourself a darn good breakfast.
PB&J Smoothie Bowl
A quick, easy and healthy treat to get your day started on a good note.
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cook Time: 0 Mins
Yields: 1 serving
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 1 large handful of spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Gluten-free granola (mine is Kashi Plant Power)
- hemp seeds
- fresh or frozen berries
- Shredded coconut
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Blend on high speed until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into a bowl and add your favourite toppings!